Delta is attacking American’s fares to Mexico City.
We found availability from:
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Miami [MIA]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- St. Louis [STL]
Unless you are a Delta flyer, you probably can find a better deal to Mexico City from Dallas or Miami than this. From the Miami area, jetBlue out of Fort Lauderdale is cheaper. While from Dallas, American often has its nonstop for under $230. The deal is excellent from the other cities listed.
Update 10/5/2015 @ 11:10PM Eastern – Also available from Chicago.
Update 10/6/2015 @ 2:55PM Eastern – fare gone
Update 10/6/2015 @ 3:55PM Eastern – out bad. Still available but fare conditions have been updated. Availability now only extend to early March, 2016.
Update 10/6/2015 @ 5:38PM Eastern – fare gone for real this time.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia
- November 5th – 10th
Valid for travel until early December or January, 2016 – August, 2016. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Valid for travel until early December or January, 2016 – early March. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- For other departure cities, replace PHL with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: MEX
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: PHL
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – DTW (Detroit) – MEX (Mexico City) – ATL (Atlanta) – PHL
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,271 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,271 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 500 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 2,135 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN). $1USD = 16.76 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.