American and Delta is putting China on sale from American hubs to Shanghai and Beijing. American is NOT available from Dallas but is available from the other cities listed. This is also available on American out of Seattle
- Los Angeles [LAX] – American and Delta
- Dallas [DFW] – Delta only
- Philadelphia [PHL] – American and Delta
- Phoenix [PHX] – American and Delta
- Miami [MIA] – American and Delta
- Seattle [SEA] – American
Update 9/11/2015 @ 5:05PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles to Shanghai
- October 1st – 8th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 10th. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For availability from other cities, replace LAX with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=Q
- For Delta availability, replace aa+ /f bc=Q with dl+ /f bc=V on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: PVG
- For Beijing availability, replace PVG with PEK on the Destination: field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=Q
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- American: Q
- Delta: V
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – PVG (Shanghai) – LAX
- American: Not permitted
- Delta: Two permitted for $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 12,934 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 12,934 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 12,934 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “American” or “Delta” on the Airline textbox.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.37 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.