Delta is attacking United’s fares to a few cities in Central America. We found availability to:
- San Salvador, El Salvador [SAL] – $273
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras [SAP] – $302
- Managua, Nicaragua [MGA] – $306
- San Jose, Costa Rica [SJO] – $309
- Guatemala City, Guatemala [GUA] – $329
We found availability from:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Newark [EWR]
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Cleveland [CLE]
- Denver [DEN]
- Houston [IAH]
Update 9/10/2015 @ 11:10PM Eastern – American has match this fare. However, availability without overnight layovers is extremely limited.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco t0 San Jose on Delta
- May 14th – 18th, 2016
- Valid for travel from until May, 2016. Availability is limited – definitely use our search instruction below to search for availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For other departure cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- For American availability, replace “dl+ /f bc=v” with “aa+ /f bc=O” without the quotes on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields. That’s the letter O and not number zero. American availability includes a lot of dates with overnight layovers – if you want to search for only dates without overnight layovers, use “aa+ /maxconnect 360” without the quotes on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: SJO
- For other destinations, replace SJO with airport code listed above
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – LAX (Los Angeles) – SJO (San Jose) – ATL (Atlanta) – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,824 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,824 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 890 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 3,412 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “Delta” or “American” on the Airline textbox.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies. Check XE.com for the latest
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.