Delta has a good sale to a few cities in Europe. We found availability to:
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Madrid [MAD]
Most departure cities have these for $700. Some like San Diego, Cleveland, Las Vegas has them in the $600s.
We found availability from:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- Portland [PDX]
- Seattle [SEA]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Miami [MIA]
- Fort Lauderdale [FLL] – In the $600s
- Washington D.C. [WAS] – Barcelona for $600s from IAD/DCA and not available to Madrid.
- Baltimore [BWI] – In the $600s
- Philadelphia [PHL] – In the $600s
- Boston [BOS]
- Chicago [ORD]
- San Diego [SAN] – In the $600s
- Las Vegas [LAS] – In the $600s
- Cleveland [CLE] – In the $600s
- Houston [IAH]
- Austin [AUS] – In the $600s
- Orlando [MCO] – In the $600s
- Charlotte [CLT]
- Kansas City [MCI]
- Nashville [BNA]
- Indianapolis [IND] – In the $600s
Not available from New York [NYC], Delta hubs (Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Memphis and Salt Lake City). The cities with the $700 fare is in X class with a base fare of $101 while the cities in the $600s have a V class fare with a base fare of $1. Base on the above, this should be available from everywhere in the US except those few cities listed above.
Thanks to Kina for the tip.
Update 9/4/2015 @ 6:55PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco to Barcelona
- October 12th – 20th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until March 17th, 2016. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For other departures, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- Destination: BCN
- For Madrid availability, replace BCN with MAD on the Destination: field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- X or V
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – JFK (New York) – BCN (Barcelona) – JFK – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 12,796 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 12,796 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,985 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.90 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, Threads @TheFlightDeal or The Flight Deal WhatsApp channel or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.