American is following up Delta’s lead today and is at it with deals to Europe.
Update 8/26/2015 @ 7:35PM Eastern – fare gone
- Dublin [DUB]
- Paris [CDG]
- Amsterdam [AMS]
- Rome [FCO]
- Milan [MXP]
- London [LHR]
Dublin is the cheapest at $336 from NY and $527 from elsewhere. Everywhere else is about $600 – $700. There are more destinations on sale, these are just some of the major ones we check.
- New York [NYC]
- Boston [BOS]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Baltimore [BWI]
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Miami [MIA]
- Fort Lauderdale [FLL]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- San Jose [SJC]
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Seattle [SEA]
- Portland [PDX]
- Chicago [ORD]
Basically everywhere — if we didn’t list it, just go and search. It probably will exist for your departure city. Some city pairs are not available – for example, Chicago – Dublin for cheap.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York to Dublin
- October 15th – 19th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September – March 17th, 2016 Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- For other departures, replace JFK with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero. If this returns no results, use aa+ /f bc=Q on both the Outbound and Advanced Routing Code fields.
- Destination: DUB
- For availability to other destinations, replace DUB with airport code listed above
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: JFK
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – DUB (Dublin) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,338 miles or 5.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,338 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 6,338 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “American” on the Airline textbox.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.