A significant price drop from Monday. There is availability for Winter travel. When there’s 15 inches of snow outside, you will be glad that you did now. Located in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, Liberia offers easy access to the beach, mountain and all types of outdoor adventures.
For those starting from Philadelphia, you can save a few bucks starting in ZFV (30th St. Amtrak Train Station) vs PHL (Philadelphia Int’l Airport). If you do take the ZFV option, you CANNOT skip the train portion at the start of your trip.
Update 8/5/2015 @ 1:52PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia
- November 26th – December 3rd
- Valid for travel from November – March 8th, 2016. Availability is best starting January. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- For Dallas availability, replace PHL with DFW on the Departing from: field
- For Phoenix availability, replace PHL with PHX on the Departing from: field
- For Miami availability, replace PHL with MIA on the Departing from: field
- For St. Louis availability, replace PHL with STL on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: iah
- Destination: LIR
- Return Advanced Routing Code: iah
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: PHL
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – IAH (Houston) – LIR (Liberia) – IAH – PHL
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,594 miles or 3.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,594 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 384 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. There is a departure tax of $29. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Costa Rican Colon (CRC). $1USD = 533.35 CRC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.