A good sale to Belize.
Here’s where we found availability:
- Dallas [DFW] – $196
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $228
- New York [NYC] – $257
- Boston [BOS] – $257
- Baltimore [BWI] – $257
Belize City itself is probably not worth visiting. You probably want to visit one of the Cays or Islands. A popular one is Ambergris Caye — you can fly the local carrier Maya Island Air for between Belize City Int’l and Ambergris Caye. If you are part of a big group, it might be worth it to split a taxi and go to the Belize City Municipal Airport to fly to Ambergris Caye instead — based on our check, pricing is usually halved if you fly from there.
Update 8/5/2015 @ 12:00PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- September 16th – 21st
- Valid for travel from October 15th – March 8th, 2016. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure.
- Availability is best starting January, 2016.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For departures from other cities, replace LAX with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: atl /maxconnect 360
- We are instructing ITA to search for only availability with connections under 6 hours. There is more availability with overnight connection in Atlanta. If you don’t care about that, remove the /maxconnect 360
- Destination: BZE
- Return Advanced Routing Code: atl /maxconnect 360
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – ATL (Atlanta) – BZE (Belize) – ATL – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,162 miles or 3.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,162 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 556 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 3,081 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Belizean Dollar (BZD) $1USD = 2.01 BZE
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.