Earlier today, we posted the deal to Japan for about $500. China Eastern also has to many more destinations in Asia are about $100 more. Here’s what we found:
- Taipei, Taiwan [TPE] – $587
- Macau [MFM] – $587
- Manila, Philippines [MNL] – $586
- Hong Kong [HKG] – $586
- Bali, Indonesia [DPS] – $588
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [KUL] – $591
- Bangkok, Thailand [BKK] – $593
- Phuket, Thailand [HKT] – $593
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam [SGN] – $595
- Singapore [SIN] – $598
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia [PNH] – $598
- Siem Reap, Cambodia [REP] – $598
- Colombo, Sri Lanka [CMB] – $598
- Chiang Mai, Thailand [CNX] – $602
- Male, Maldives [MLE] – $614
This is cheaper than normal. These fares do not earn miles. Although, if you are planning to go to Bangkok, United’s $604 fare is still available.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Male, Maldives
- October 3rd – 11th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late August – December 11th. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mu+ /f bc=Q
- Destination: MLE
- For other destinations, replace MLE with airport code listed above
- Return Advanced Routing Code: mu+ /f bc=Q
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LAX – PVG (Shanghai) – MLE (Maldives) – PVG – LAX.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
China Eastern is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 20,218 miles or 3.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapOair link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “More Options” and enter “China Eastern” on the Airline textbox.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Varies (Check travel.state.gov). Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Varies. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the CheapOair, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.