A very good business class fare with TAM – the largest airline of Brazil.
Normal Coach fares to Santiago de Chile goes for about this much. On sale, it is usually in the $700s. So paying a $300s premium for business class is definitely a good deal.
Cheap business fares to Chile has happen before:
- February 15th, 2013: American: New York to Santiago de Chile, Chile for $902 in Business.
- February 17, 2013: American / LAN: New York to all of Chile for about $900 in Business.
- June 7th, 2013: LAN: Mexico to Chile for about $1,100 in Business.
H/T: flyingeph12 on FlyerTalk.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 1st – 14th
- Valid for travel until September 30th with a 5 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- We found the following availability:
- August: 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 29, 30, 31
- September: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23
- August: 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- September: 1, 2, 3, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
- JFK – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – GIG – JFK
- One permitted for free and additional for $125.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
TAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 13,242 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,242 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 16,552 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates above. Make sure you select “Business” on the Cabin/Class dropdown
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP). $1USD = 674 CLP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charge
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.