US Airways & American are putting Amsterdam on sale for under $600 from New York and Philadelphia.
You can also start in other cities for $100 – $150 more. Here are some examples:
- Dallas [DFW] – $730ish
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $790ish
- Miami [MIA] – $816
- Chicago [ORD] – $798
For these connecting examples — the availability isn’t as broad. It is from late October – late December. There could be others; we haven’t gone through it all yet.
Update 7/23/2015 @ 5:15PM Eastern – gone from Philadelphia. Still available from New York.
Update 7/23/2015 @ 11:35PM Eastern – all gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with US Airways from New York
- September 14th – 21st
- Valid for travel from September – December or late March, 2016 – early May, 2016 for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- For Philadelphia availability, replace NYC with PHL on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- For American availability, replace us+ /f bc=O with aa+ /f bc=O (pointless ready, since most routings will be operated by US Airways)
- Destination: AMS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: us+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LGA – PHL (Philadelphia) – AMS (Amsterdam) – PHL – LGA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 7,636 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 7,636 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 7,636 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “US Airways” or “American” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.91 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.