[FARE GONE] Delta – $285 – $353: United States – Belize City, Belize. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Yesterday, we posted a $357 deal to Belize from Seattle and Sacramento. It was also available from San Francisco and Phoenix before it got pulled.
Now, Delta has broadened the sale and it is available from a lot more cities. Belize rarely goes on sale — so this is as good as it gets!
Update 7/22/2015 @ 12:20PM Eastern – fare gone
Update 7/22/2015 @ 2:50PM Eastern – back for New York, Boston, Baltimore. Will go through the rest of the list in a bit.
Update 7/22/2015 @ 2:58PM Eastern – okay, we haven’t gone thru the whole list, but we did a quick spot check and it seems to be back from everywhere listed below. let us know otherwise. Thanks Keston for the tip.
Update 7/24/2015 @ 1:35AM Eastern – fare gone.
Here’s where we found availability:
Our coverage cities:
- New York [NYC] – $336
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $353
- San Jose [SJC] – $353
- Baltimore [BWI] – $336
- Boston [BOS] – $336
- Seattle [SEA] – $353
- Fort Lauderdale [FLL] – $336
- Dallas [DFW] – $221 (Dallas is available on United — use “iah” as the Advanced Routing Code on ITA to search for availability)
Fare Deal Alert cities:
- San Diego [SAN] – $353
- Sacramento [SMF] – $353
- Las Vegas [LAS] – $353
- Kansas City [MCI] – $319
- Minneapolis [MSP] – $319
- Atlanta [ATL] – $336
- Orlando [MCO] – $336
- Detroit [DTW] – $319
- Hartford [BDL] – $336
- Portland, Maine [PWM] – $336
- Pittsburgh [PIT] – $336
- Columbus [CMH] – $336
- Milwaukee [MKE] – $319
- Indianapolis [IND] – $319
- Nashville [BNA] – $302
- Memphis [MEM] – $298
- Salt Lake City [SLC] – $353
- Tucson [TUS] – $323
- San Antonio [SAT] – $285
- Austin [AUS] – $285
- Birmingham [BHM] – $302
- Jacksonville, Florida [JAX] – $336
- Tampa [TPA] – $336
- Charleston, South Carolina [CHS] – $302
- Louisville [SDF] – $336
- Omaha [OMA] – $315
- Oklahoma City [OKC] – $319
- New Orleans [MSY] – $319
- Buffalo [BUF] – $336
- Albuquerque [ABQ] – $323
- El Paso [ELP] – $289
- Providence [PVD] – $336
- Richmond [RIC] – $336
In addition, we checked the following cities and they were not available:
San Francisco, Washington D.C., Chicago, Miami, Phoenix, Portland, Houston, Denver, Charlotte, St. Louis, and Cincinnati. There could be availability from addition cities, so if we didn’t list you cities, you should do a quick check.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
August 28th – September 1st
- October 22nd – 26th
Valid for travel from late August – early December. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Valid for travel from October 15th – early December. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For availability from other cities, replace LAX on the Departing from: field with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: atl
- If your airport does not have nonstop Delta service to Atlanta, use “dl+ /f bc=v” without the quotes on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields to check for availability.
- There are some itineraries with overnight layovers in Atlanta. To avoid those, use “atl /maxconnect 360” without the quotes on the Outbound and Return Routing Code fields. That is instructing ITA to only search for availability for itineraries with connections of less than six hours.
- Finally, if you are in Atlanta, on the Advanced Routing Code fields, replace atl with dl
- Destination: BZE
- Return Advanced Routing Code: atl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – ATL (Atlanta) – BZE (Belize City) – ATL – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,158 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,158 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,181 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 3,079 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Belizean Dollar (BZD) $1USD = 2.01 BZE
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.