[FARE GONE] American / US Airways – $541 – $551: Newark / Chicago / Houston – Honolulu / Maui / Kauai / Kona, Hawaii (and vice versa). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
American and US Airways put out a very nice fare to all of Hawaii this morning. Availability until MAY, 2016!
We found availability from:
- Newark [EWR]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Houston [IAH]
We found availability to:
- Honolulu [HNL]
- Maui [OGG]
- Kauai [LIH]
- Kona [KOA]
As an added bonus, this is a W class fare. For those seeking an American Airlines Platinum Challenge, if you start the challenge from Newark to Honolulu, you would complete the challenge with ONE TRIP! The challenge is $250. So for $790, you can have American Airlines Platinum status until February, 2017! And yes, you can do SAME day turns with this fare. Information on signing up for the Challenge.
If you have miles and would like to upgrade the lengthy flight — it is 15,000 miles + $175 per direction. Although, the only flights we think the upgrade is worth it is the Dallas to Honolulu or Maui flight. They have angle lie-flat seat whereas all other flights are basically glorified coach with more legroom.
This is a VERY fast moving deal. Will not last. Do not dwell on it. Orbitz has a risk free 24 hour cancellation.
Update 7/13/2015 @ 2:52PM Eastern – American has refiled this fare. It is NO longer a W fare. It is O fare now. If you purchased this Saturday and Sunday, it was still W. If you bought today, going for the challenge is not going to work with this fare now.
Update 7/13/2015 @ 5:25PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark to Honolulu on American
- September 18th – 21st
- Valid for travel from mid-August – May, 2016. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- For availability from other cities, replace EWR with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- For US Airways availability, replace aa+ /f bc=O with us+ /f bc=O on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code field
- Destination: HNL
- For availability to other destinations, replace HNL with airport code listed above
- These work both ways, so you can start in Hawaii
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: EWR
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- EWR – DFW (Dallas) – HNL (Honolulu) – DFW – EWR
- Miles Flown: 10,298 miles or 5.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,298 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 10,298 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American or US Airways
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.