Copa filed a very cheap Mexico City – Lima fare today. Combine that with a US – Mexico City fare and you get a very cheap ticket from the United States and Peru. We’re listing cities where we found the total to be under $400.
The Mexico City – Lima fare is $172 roundtrip. So it is possible to do this for about $250 (fees and taxes for using miles to Mexico City is about $80).
Segments between US and Mexico City can be operated by Aeromexico or American.
Here’s where we found from cities with nonstop service to Mexico City that were under $400 and when we found availability.
New York [NYC] – $372 (September)Looks gone from New York. But you still can use miles to get to Mexico City and take advantage of the $172 Mexico City – Lima fare. Boston [BOS] – $372 (September)Looks gone from Boston
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $372 (September – mid November)
- Dallas [DFW] – $357 (September – mid November)
- Miami [MIA] – $355 (September)
- Chicago [ORD] – $372 (September)
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $399 (mid August – November)
- Orlando [MCO] – $372 (September)
- Houston [IAH] – $277 (mid October – November)
- Las Vegas [LAS] – $372 (September)
- San Antonio [SAT] – $372 (September)
There could be more availability but ITA is a bit slow tonight.
Orbitz will charge a $7 service fee for multi-carrier itineraries such as this. The price listed above includes the $7 service fee.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- September 15th – 22nd
- Mexico City – Lima: Valid for travel on the outbound from late August – November. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mex pty
- Destination: LIM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: pty mex
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- Copa: L
- Aeromexico: V
- American: Q
- JFK – MEX (Mexico City) – PTY (Panama City) – LIM (Lima) – PTY – MEX – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 10,148 miles or 3.7 cents per mile
Copa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning for the Copa segments with United is as follows:
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,948 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,974 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Select Multi-City and enter it as four segments:
- Segment 1: US City – Mexico City
- Segment 2: Mexico City – Lima
- Segment 3: Lima – Mexico City
- Segment 4: Mexico City – US City
- Make sure you also select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Copa on Airline 1 and Aeromexico or American or whatever airline ITA results for the US – Mexico City segment on Airline 2.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 3.14 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.