United has been attacking American / US Airways’ fares to beach destinations in Mexico for late Summer / Fall travel. Now they have dropped the price from earlier today — most pronounce to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas with $50 or so price drop and $10 to Cancun. These will not last.
We found availability from:
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- St. Louis [STL]
- Raleigh [RDU]
- Pittsburgh [PIT]
- Cancun [CUN] – $200
- Puerto Vallarta [PVR] – $213
- Cabo San Lucas [SJD] – $217
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia to Cancun
- September 5th – 10th
- Valid for travel on from late August – December 16th. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua ua /maxconnect 360
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua ua /maxconnect 360
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace PHL with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field)
- (For availability to other destinations, replace CUN with airport code listed above on the Destination field)
- (We are only show connections that are less than 6 hours — there are many options with overnight layovers. If you don’t care about overnight layovers, remove /maxconnect 360 from the Advanced Routing Code fields to see all availability)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – IAH (Houston) – CUN (Cancun) – IAH – PHL
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,270 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,270 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 350 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 15.54 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.