First time ever we have found a deal to San Andres Island. San Andres Island is 700+ miles off the coast of Colombia and is in the Caribbean.
Depending on routing, this can be slightly more.
Here’s a basic writeup on San Andres from WikiVoyage.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- September 1st – 7th
- Valid for travel from late -August – early December or January, 2016 – February, 2016. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dfw,mia bog,clo,mde
- Destination: ADZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: bog,clo,mde dfw,mia
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For New York availability, replace LAX with JFK on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LAX – MIA (Miami) – BOG (Bogota) – ADZ (San Andres Island) – CLO (Cali) – MIA – LAX
- One permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,215 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 8,111 miles or 5.3 cents per mile
- Base Redeemable Miles: 8,111 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “LAN” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP) $1USD = 2,485 COP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.