United is attacking American’s fares to Hong Kong.
- Dallas [DFW] – $515
- Philadelphia [PHL] – $555
Update 5/20/2015 @ 7:32PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Dallas
- October 19th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September 1st – December 10th for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua ua
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Philadelphia departure cities, replace DFW with PHL on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Dallas: K
- Philadelphia: L
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DFW – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SFO – DFW
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- Miles Flown: 16,742 or 3.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,742 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,107 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
What happens if you buy a ticket from Philly but try to hop on during the connection in SF? Why is it so much cheaper to do this flight than to fly from SF directly?
@Jackie – if you skip any segment besides the last one, the itinerary will be cancelled. this is an attack fare. UA flight from SFO doesnt have to be cheap because its non-stop and the fact is, in SFO, most people are United flyers. So they pay a premium. if you want a cheap HKG deal from SFO, this one on Korean Air for $574 is still available: https://www.theflightdeal.com/2015/05/04/korean-air-574-san-francisco-hong-kong-roundtrip-including-all-taxes/