[FARE GONE] KLM – $718 – $778: San Francisco / Los Angeles / Chicago / Washington D.C. / Houston – Cape Town, South Africa / Entebbe, Uganda / Nairobi, Kenya / Lagos, Nigeria / Accra, Ghana. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
This is a VERY good fare from the West Coast to Cape Town. Not too shabby from the East Coast and Central.
We found availability for about $755 from:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Washington D.C. [IAD]
- Houston [IAH]
Update 5/1/2015 @ 12:05AM Eastern. This sale is available to new destinations. Here’s what we found:
- Entebbe, Uganda [EBB] – $735
- Nairobi, Kenya [NBO] – $718
- Lagos, Nigeria [LOS] – $772
- Accra, Ghana [ACC] – $778
Update 5/1/2015 @ 1:40PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco to Cape Town
- May 11th – 18th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 6th. Availability is good until mid-June. From mid-June until September, extremely limited. Availability is good again from September – December. This might vary by departure city and destination. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: kl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: CPT
- Return Advanced Routing Code: kl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above)
- (For other destinations, replace CPT with airport code listed above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “6-13” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – LAX (Los Angeles) – AMS (Amsterdam) – CPT (Cape Town) – AMS – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
KLM is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 23,386 or 3.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 23,386 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 5,846 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “KLM Royal Dutch” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Varies. Check http://travel.state.gov. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.