Yesterday, Alaska announced nonstop service starting September from Seattle to Charleston, Raleigh and Nashville. The big three is sending Alaska a little message with sub $250 fares that they don’t like it.
If you want the nonstop and support Seattle’s real hometown carrier, Alaska has filed $265ish nonstop fares between Seattle and Raleigh plus Seattle and Nashville. There does not seem to be a sub – $300 fare between Seattle and Charleston from Alaska yet.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with Delta to Charleston
- September 18th – 21st
- Valid for travel from September 9th – November 18th. Availability varies by carrier and route. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SEA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- Destination: CHS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For American availability, replace dl dl with aa aa on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For United availability, replace dl dl with ua ua on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For Raleigh availability, replace CHS with RDU)
- (For Nashville availability, replace CHS with BNA)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Delta: V
- American: O
- United: N
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SEA – ATL (Atlanta) – CHS (Charleston) – ATL – SEA
- Miles Flown: 4,870 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,870 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 985 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 2,435 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” or “American” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.