A good sale to Medellin on a mix of American and Copa flights.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 7th – 14th
- Valid for travel in late May or late August – September. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ORD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mex
- Destination: BOG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: mex
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Between US and Mexico on Aeromexico: V
- Between Mexico and Colombia on Copa: L
- ORD – MEX (Mexico City) – BOG (Bogota) – MEX – ORD
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 7,296 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
US to Mexico City segments on Aeromexico:
- Miles Flown: 3,372 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles : 3,372 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,686 miles
Mexico City to Medellin segments on Copa:
Copa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 3,924 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,924 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,962 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapTickets link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Aeromexico on Airline 1 and Copa on Airline 2.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP) $1USD = 2,499 COP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the CheapTicket, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.