A good sale to Bogota on a mix of Aeromexico and Copa flights.
Sample Travel Date:
- August 18th – 24th
- Valid for travel from mid August – mid-September. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mex cm
- Destination: BOG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: cm mex
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
ITA will price this at $774. However, using those dates, Orbitz will price this at $380 based on a few dates we tried.
- Between US and Mexico on Aeromexico: V
- Between Mexico and Colombia on Copa: T
- SFO – MEX (Mexico City) – PTY (Panama City) – BOG (Bogota) – MEX – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 7,702 miles or 4.9 cents per mile
US to Mexico City segments on Aeromexico:
Aeromexico is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 3,750 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles : 3,750 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,875 miles
Mexico City to Medellin segments on Copa:
Copa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 3,952 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,952 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,976 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Aeromexico on Airline 1 and Copa on Airline 2.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP) $1USD = 2,472 COP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.