Fare war to Tokyo
American is attacking the following hubs:
- Newark [EWR]
- Seattle [SEA]
- Cleveland [CLE]
United is attacking the following hubs:
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Miami [MIA]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- St. Louis [STL]
Per Fare Deal Alert, also available from Houston / Denver / Atlanta / Detroit / Minneapolis / Charlotte/ Cincinnati / Memphis / Salt Lake.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark
- September 7th – 14th
- American: Valid for travel on the outbound until February, 2016 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- United: Valid for travel on the outbound until June 15th for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=N
- Destination: NRT
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=N
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other departure cities, replace EWR with airport code listed above)
- (For United availability, replace aa+ /f bc=N with ua+ /f bc=K on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- American: N
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – ORD (Chicago) – NRT (Tokyo) – DFW (Dallas) – EWR
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 14,750 or 5.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,750 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 14,750 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 119.62 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.