Deals to the Caribbean from the East Coast are very difficult to come by. Even when they are under $300 they may not qualify as a Flight Deal using our deal criterion of 6 cents per mile. Let us illustrate with this particular fare:
- Newark to the Cayman Islands on US Airways via Charlotte is 3,256 miles. Using our deal criterion, for us to post, it would need to be $195
- The taxes and fees on this fare are about $140.
- US Airways and American are only keeping $106 from this fare.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with US Airways
- May 9th – 12th
- Valid for travel until August. Most availability between mid-June and August is at $260. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us us
- Destination: GCM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: us us
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For American availability, replace us us with aa aa on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- EWR – CLT (Charlotte) – GCM (Grand Cayman) – CLT – EWR
- Miles Flown: 3,256 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,256 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,256 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “US Airways” or “American” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Caymanian Dollar (KYD) – $1USD = 0.82 KYD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.