Delta is attacking American’s fares to Tokyo. Will not last. This is a $150 price drop from Saturday. New to the attack is availability from Los Angeles.
- Miami [MIA]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- St. Louis [STL]
We also think that the recent spat of cheap fares to Tokyo from Delta is because the DOT gave it a beat down for its irregular service to Tokyo – Haneda (HND) out of Seattle. These prices are mostly to Haneda.
Update 4/7/2015 @ 2:53PM Eastern – fare is now about $100 more. LAX is still in the mid-$600s, but with United.
Update 4/7/2015 @ 5:35PM Eastern – LAX is available again with Delta for under $670 and also with United. All other cities are about $770.
Update 4/8/2015 @ 1:26PM Eastern – fall gone
Update 4/8/2015 @ 2:10PM Eastern – fare back from all the cities listed above for about $670 except for Los Angeles. The fare is no longer available from Los Angeles.
Update 4/8/2015 @ 8:32PM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia
- April 13th – 20th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until July or late August – early December or January, 2016 – February, 2016. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: TYO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace PHL with airport code from top of post)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – ATL (Atlanta) – LAX (Los Angeles) – HND (Tokyo – Haneda) – LAX – JFK (New York) – PHL.
- Two permitted for $100 each in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 16,112 or 4.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,112 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 3,600 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 8,056 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 118.97 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
I was not issued a ticket number. I’ll see how this goes.
these are not mistake fares – no reason you shouldn’t get the flight ticketed.
I got the ticket number when I checked the reservation on Delta.com! I was nervous and thought the deal was too good to be true but it’s true and I’ll be in Tokyo on July 7th.
I’m still seeing mid $600 fares from LAX (during june)
Can’t find any fares from LA in july 🙁 Am I doing something wrong or are there no fares in LA? I’ve been looking since this was posted
I’ve been trying to search since you posted this yesterday, but still can’t find any fares from LA in July. Am I doing something wrong?