View from The Wing reports that American and Delta is having a business class fare war going on to Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo out of each others hubs.
American is attacking Delta fares out of:
- Atlanta [ATL]
- Detroit [DTW]
- Minneapolis [MSP]
Delta is attacking American fares out of
- Dallas [DFW]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- Miami [MIA]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Phoenix [PHX]
Get them while they are hot. These business class fares are about 50% more than a normal advertised fare sale from either of these carriers.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles to Rio de Janeiro on Delta
- May 15th – 23rd
- Delta: Valid for travel until February, 2016 for Tuesday through Saturday departures from the United States and Saturday through Wednesday departures to the United States with a 7 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure and by March 19th
- American: Valid for travel until December 15th for Tuesday through Saturday departures from the United States and Saturday through Wednesday departures to the United States with a 7 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure and by March 20th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- Destination: GIG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace LAX with airport codes from above)
- (For Sao Paulo availability, replace GIG with GRU on the Destination field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “6-13” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Cabin: Business class of higher
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- American: I
- Delta: Z
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – ATL (Atlanta) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – ATL – LAX
- Delta: One permitted
- American: One permitted for free at the gateway and one additional for $125.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 13,372 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,372 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 7,145 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 125% mileage or 16,715 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” or “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section. Make sure to select “Business” next to Cabin Class also.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 3.18 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.