Delta / United – $615: Los Angeles / San Francisco / Portland / Seattle – Tokyo, Japan. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Delta is having a VERY good sale to Tokyo from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
- Portland [PDX]
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- Seattle [SEA]
All the flights seem to go to HND (Tokyo – Haneda), the airport closer to the city than NRT (Tokyo – Narita), which is further out.
Update 3/18/2015 @ 1:05PM Eastern – Los Angeles ($718), Portland (over $1,000) and Seattle (over $1,000) are gone. Only San Francisco is now in $615.
Update 3/18/2015 @ 1:35PM Eastern – United is matching this fare out of Portland and Seattle. Search criteria updated below.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- April 13th – 21st
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 31st – May 31st for Sunday through Thursday departures with a 5 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: TYO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace LAX with airport code from top of post)
- (For United availability, replace “dl+ /f bc=v” with “ua+ /f bc=k” without the quotes in the Advanced Routing Code fields. United availability is only out of Seattle and Portland)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – SEA (Seattle) – HND (Haneda) – SEA – LAX
- Two permitted for $100 each in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 11,484 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- Base Redeemable Miles: 2,575 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 5,742 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 121.32 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.