Earlier today, Fare Deal Alert found that Air France was selling its Premium Economy tickets to Istanbul from Houston for about $700. It is available from Chicago for even cheaper.
What is Premium Economy? It is the section between Coach and Business. Slightly more legroom than coach.
Update 3/11/2015 @ 2:20PM Eastern. Also available from Washington D.C. for $548.
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $548
Update 3/11/2015 @ 4:10PM – Air France seems to have pulled these fares. Still available on Delta. Posted updated.
Update 3/11/2015 @ 9:35PM – all gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Chicago
- April 6th – 15th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 28th – May 15th or August 24th – October 25th for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ORD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
af+ /f bc=Adl+ /f bc=W
- Destination: IST
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
af+ /f bc=Adl+/f bc=W
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Washington D.C. availability, replace ORD with IAD on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Air France: A
- Delta: W
- ORD – CDG (Paris) – IST (Istanbul) – CDG – ORD
- Two permitted in Paris. One per direction. (The fare rules allows for stopovers, but we checked now, doesn’t exist)
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Air France is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. Mile earning when crediting this itinerary to Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 11,054 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,581 miles or 3.2 cents per mile.
- Base Redeemable Miles: 11,054 miles
However, instead of crediting this to Delta, we recommend you crediting this to Alaska Airlines. 100% elite and redeemable mileage on this itinerary when crediting to Alaska and access to a much better mileage program than Delta SkyMiles.
How to Book:
Support us by using our Air France link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Select Premium Economy on the Class drop down.
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section. Make sure on Class/Cabin, you also select Premium Economy
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival for $20. Must apply online at Republic of Turkey – Electronic Visa Online Application System. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY). $1USD = 2.61 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Air France, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.