Delta is having a VERY good sale to Tokyo from New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle. They vary from $601
680 – $745 depending on city. The nonstops from Seattle and Los Angeles are the cheapest. Here are the prices for each city:
- New York [JFK] – $745 (to NRT – Tokyo – Narita)
- San Francisco [SFO] $616 (to HND – Tokyo Haneda)
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $601 (to HND – Tokyo Haneda)
- Seattle [SEA] – $680 (to NRT – Tokyo – Narita)
Sales rarely happen for nonstop long haul flights, so this is a VERY good deal because of the availability of nonstops from Seattle and Los Angeles.
Thanks to our fan Jon for pointing out to us that from LAX and SFO, its cheaper to go to HND (Tokyo – Haneda) instead.
Update 2/25/2015 @ 10:25PM Eastern – fare gone
Update 2/26/2015 @ 3:15AM Eastern – available from San Francisco again
Update 2/27/2015 @ 4:45AM Eastern – now available from Newark [EWR] for $745
Update 2/28/2015 @ 2:50AM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- April 6th – 13th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from March 31st – May 31st for Sunday through Thursday departures with a 5 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure=
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: TYO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace JFK with your city from the list above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- $645 (From JFK, lower from other cities)
- JFK – SEA (Seattle) – NRT (Tokyo) – SEA – JFK
- Two permitted for $100 each in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,336 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Base Redeemable Miles: 3,225 miles
Unless you a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 7,168 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 118.98 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.