A good sale to Johannesburg. Delta has this for about $80 cheaper, however, you will earn significantly less miles flying Delta than British Airways.
If you fly Delta, you will earn 3,700 miles if crediting to their program or 9,165 miles if crediting to Alaska. Flying British Airways and crediting to American would be enough for an ONE-WAY to Europe, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia, Paraguay and Hawaii during off-peak season or anywhere in the US, Caribbean, Central America, Northern South America anytime. That would be worth a lot more than saving $80.
Travel is a long game — unless you only plan to travel once, sometime, spending more money will save even more money down the line. More on our philosophy on why we don’t always buy the cheapest ticket and neither should you.
Sample Travel Date:
- March 2nd – 9th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until March 31st or October 26th – December 6th. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: lhr
- Destination: JNB
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lhr
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- DFW – LHR (London) – JNB (Johannesburg) – LHR – DFW
- One for free and additional stopovers for $50 each (since its stopping over in London, even the free stopover is about $130 more due to taxes and fees)
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
British Airways is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American below:
- Elite Qualifying Miles with American: 20,760 miles or 4.6 cents per mile.
- Redeemable Miles with American: 20,760 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select British Airways
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR). $1USD = 11.66 ZAR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.