A good sale to Chiang Mai.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 20th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late April – May 20th or late August – November 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: nrt bkk
- Destination: CNX
- Return Advanced Routing Code: bkk nrt
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- United: K
- Bangkok Air: T
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – CNX (Chiang Mai) – BKK – NRT – LAX. The segment between Bangkok and Chiang Mai will be operated by Bangkok Air. Segments between the US and Thailand can be operated by All Nippon Airways under United flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 17,456 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. The segments between United States and Bangkok will earn 16,676 miles or 4.9 cents per mile with United. The segments operated by Bangkok Air are mileage earning with Bangkok Air or Air Berlin.
- March 1st, 2015: 3,550 miles or a difference of 13,906 miles.
How to Book:
- Book via Google Flights link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- The flight information has been pre-populated for you. All you need to do is enter the dates for for the Los Angeles – Bangkok, Bangkok – Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai- Bangkok, and Bangkok – Los Angeles segments as found on ITA.
- It will link you to United.com to book.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 32.66 THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.