Etihad has some holiday specials for you folks in New York / Dallas / Chicago / Washington D.C. / Los Angeles / San Francisco to the Middle East, India and Africa. We did some primary checks for the following:
- Johannesburg [JNB] – Under $700 from San Francisco
- Mumbai [BOM] – Under $600 from San Francisco
- Abu Dhahi [AUH] – $187 – $465 for all the listed cities.
- Seychelles [SEZ] $588 from JFK [2/11 – 18]
We did a bunch of dates in February and availability was easy to find. These are not searchable on ITA, so let’s crowd source this.
Remember to enter our giveaway for $100 LoungeBuddy credit good for free lounge access.
Update 12/25/2014 @ 1:00AM Eastern – Availability so far: Late January – May, September – November. Stick to Monday – Thursday departures for best price.
Update 12/25/2015 @ 2:05AM Eastern – Availability to cities like Hong Kong, Manila etc per the comments starting around $270 from New York. Availability for Hong Kong seems to be available in the Fall. We did not find anything in the Spring.
Update 12/25/2015 @ 5:25PM Eastern – while we haven’t tried every city pair, JFK – Abu Dhabi is still bookable for about $250 on Priceline. Sample date 2/10 – 17.
Update 12/25/2015 @ 7:00PM Eastern – while there might still be some scattered dates available, this is mostly gone.
General advice for low price tickets like these: wait for the ticket number for booking anything that requires a pre-payment. In this instance, the ticket number will be in the form of 60XXXXXXXXXXX. There is also a risk free 24 hour cancellation period — buy then plan. If you can’t firm up your plans within those 24 hours, cancel risk free!
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco
- February 10th – 17th, 2015
- We found dates from late January – May // September – November. There could be others.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Not searchable on ITA. In general, stick to Monday through Thursday departures for best pricing.
- E Class. Etihad flights across the Atlantic will not earn AA miles, but flights from Abu Dhabi to rest of the World (excluding North America) will earn AA miles — REDEEMABLE AA miles. So for those who want to use this for status qualifying, NO, that’s not how it works. We are unsure how Jet Airways operated flights will be credited.
- SFO – ORD (Chicago) – AUH (Abu Dhabi) – ORD – SFO
- 18,196 miles or 2.5 cents per mile. These fares will unlikely earn miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book. Make sure you enter “Etihad Airways” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Varies. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.