An amazing month of deals to Hong Kong. A lot of this has to do with the new additional capacity to Hong Kong from the United States — over 300 daily new seats from American out of Dallas, over 200 daily new seats from Delta out of Seattle and over 600 daily new seats from Cathay Pacific out of Newark, Los Angeles plus an additional 900 weekly new seats from Cathay Pacific out of Chicago. Until demand catches up with supply or until supply is cut, fares to Hong Kong for travel between January – April and September – November should be very reasonable out of United, Delta and American hubs going forward.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark
- January 21st – 28th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January 7th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 7 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Washington D.C. availability, replace EWR with WAS on the Departing from: field)
- (For Cleveland availability, replace EWR with CLE on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – SEA (Seattle) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA – EWR. Some segments might be operated by Alaska Air under Delta flight numbers.
- Two permitted at $100 each in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 17,754 miles or 3.9 cents per mile
- 2015: 2,984 miles or a difference of 14,770 miles.
Unless you a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines. You will earn 50% mileage or 8,877 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.