Delta and United are attacking each other with fares to Hong Kong.
- Delta from San Francisco to Hong Kong for $538
- United from Seattle to Hong Kong for $538
- United from Portland to Hong Kong for $463 (The $463 price is for travel before March 1st. After it is $538)
Update 12/17/2014 @ 1:07PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with Delta out of San Francisco
- January 7th – 14th, 2015
- Delta: Valid for travel on the outbound from January 7th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 7 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- United: Valid for travel on the outbound from January 7th , 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 7 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: sea
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: sea
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Seattle availability, replace SFO with SEA on the Departing from field: and then replace sea with sfo on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For Portland availability, replace SFO with PDX on the Departing from field: and then replace sea with sfo on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Delta: V
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – SEA (Seattle) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA – SFO
- Delta: Two permitted for $100 each in the United States
- United: Two permitted for $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United and Delta will be revenue based mileage earning in 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K / Diamond level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United / Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United / Delta flyers.
- 2014: 14,326 miles or 3.8 cents per mile.
- 2015: (United – March 1st, 2015): 2,284 miles or a difference of 12,024 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.