American is putting many cities in Central America on sale. This is available from all our coverage cities. We didn’t check every city, but based on our check of The Flight Deal and Fare Deal Alert coverage cities, this seems widely available and should be available from almost every major US city.
Here’s what we found:
- Managua, Nicargua [MGA] – $367
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras [SAP] – $313
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras [TGU] – $313
- San Salvador, El Salvador [SAL] – $369
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Portland to Managua
- January 21st – 28th, 2015
- Valid for travel in January, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Limited availability. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure and by December 15th (TODAY)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PDX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=q
- Destination: MGA
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=q
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace PDX with your city’s airport code on the Departing from: field)
- (For other destinations, replace MGA with the airport code from above on the Destination field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- PDX – SEA (Seattle) – MIA (Miami) – MGA (Managua) – MIA – DFW (Dallas) – PDX
- One permitted for free in Miami or Dallas
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 7,628 miles or 4.8 cents per mile.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.