The Shorthaul – United / jetBlue – $66: Washington D.C. – Hartford, Connecticut (and vice versa). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
You can thank jetBlue for these low prices. When it was just the United / US Airways duopoly on this route, it was a lot more! For United flyers who need segments for elite status for 2016 re-qualification, you can route it via EWR on both ways $78 or $19.5/segment. jetBlue availability is good for Summer travel and is $2 more than United. At $66 or $68, it is cheaper than taking Amtrak and around the same price as the bus or just slightly more.
What is The Shorthaul? It is our irregular feature of deals under $200 and 3,000 miles roundtrip.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with United
- January 10th – 12th, 2015
- United: Valid for travel from January, 2015 – early June, 2015 for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday departures. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- jetBlue: Valid for travel from January, 2015 – early September, 2015. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- Destination: BDL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For jetBlue availability, replace ua with b6 on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- United: N
- jetBlue: P
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAD – BDL (Hartford) – IAD. jetBlue is out of DCA. United is also available out of DCA via Newark.
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 638 miles
- March 1st, 2015: 176 miles or a difference of 462 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United or jetBlue
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.