Sub-$600 to Istanbul is always a welcome sight. Washington D.C.. Chicago, New York is at $582. Boston is actually cheaper at $537.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Washington D.C.
- February 6th – 13th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January 6th, 2015 – March 26th, 2015 with a 7 day minimum stay. Must purchase by December 1st
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: yyz
- Destination: IST
- Return Advanced Routing Code: yyz
- Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Chicago availability, replace WAS with ORD on the Departing from: field)
- (For New York availability, replace WAS with NYC on the Departing from: field)
- (For Boston availability, replace WAS with BOS on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Washington D.C., Chicago: L
- Boston, New York: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- Washington D.C., Chicago, New York: $496
- Boston: $451
- DCA- YYZ (Toronto) – IST (Istanbul) – YYZ – DCA. Also available from IAD and BWI. Flights will be operated by Air Canada under United flight numbers. This is an L fare from DC and Chicago , so if you pick flights operated by Lufthansa, you will also earn 100% mileage. From Boston and New York, it is a K fare, so you will only earn miles if you fly Air Canada or United. Any Austrian and Swiss operated flights would not earn miles.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- $957 (United metal to/from Munich)
- United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 10,936 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. If the segments between the US and Canada are operated by Air Canada, you will earn 25%. Since this particular routing is that case, you will earn 10,418 miles or 5.6 cents per mile
- March 1st, 2015: 2,480 miles or a difference of 7,938 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United. Orbitz will initially price this higher, but if you select the flights operated by Air Canada, it will reprice correctly.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival for $20. Must apply online at Republic of Turkey – Electronic Visa Online Application System. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY). $1USD = 2.22 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.