Late last night, we first posted a deal from DC to Santiago de Chile for $381 on Copa. Combining it with a fare from Santiago de Chile to Buenos Aires, and you can do Argentina for under $650. Buy these separately if you want to have a stopover in Chile — just ideas on what you can do with the cheap DC to Santiago de Chile fare.
ITA will price this at $595, but the best price we could find is $631.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 26th – February 3rd, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January 14th, 2015 – June 15th, 2015. Must purchase at least 3 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: pty scl ac
- Destination: EZE
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ac scl pty
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Copa: L
- Air Canada: K
- IAD – PTY (Panama City) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – BUE (Buenos Aires)- SCL – PTY – IAD. Segments between Santiago de Chile and Buenos Aires will be operated by Air Canada
- 11,532 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Copa and Air Canada are members of the Star Alliance and United partners. This fare will 100% mileage with United until February 28th, 2015. Starting March 1st, 2015, the Copa segments will earn 50% and at the moment, Air Canada will earn 100%, but that can change.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “”Multiple destinations” and enter this as 4 segments:
- Segment 1: IAD – SCL
- Segment 2: SCL – EZE
- Segment 3: EZE – SCL
- Segment 4: SCL – IAD
- And the dates for each of the segments to have this price
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee – $160. Argentinean entry fee for Americans must be paid prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Argentine Peso (ARS) $1USD = 8.26 ARS (This is the official rate, you probably can do a lot better if you look)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.