A good sale to Kuala Lumpur.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 12th – 20th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 7th or January 10th, 2015 – April 15th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: hkg
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- DFW – HKG (Hong Kong) – KUL – HKG – DFW. Segments between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur will be operated by Cathay Pacific. It is also possible to route via Tokyo — however, if you route via NRT and its on AA flights numbers, you will unlikely be able to book it. We tried numerous engines include aa.com to do a DFW-HKG-KUL-NRT-DFW routing on all AA flight numbers and it did not price. Instead, we are showing a routing via HKG where one segment between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur is on Cathay Pacific flight numbers. That segment will be non-mileage earning. You can also do a DFW-HKG-KUL-NRT-DFW routing where the KUL-NRT segment is on JAL flight numbers, however, you will lose out on more miles going via NRT than going via HKG on both the outbound and return.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 19,374 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. As one of the segments between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur is non-mileage earning, you will earn 17,802 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Advanced options” and then select “American” on Preferred Airline. Expedia charges a $7 service fee for multi-carrier itineraries that are not refunded should you cancel within the risk free cancellation period.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 3.34 MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.