A good sale to Athens. This is a Star Alliance K fare, meaning, you need to be mindful of who operate the flights to maximize mileage earning. We will show you an itinerary with a mix of United and Aegean Airlines operated flights to ensure 100% mileage earning. Flights operated by Swiss, Austrian or Lufthansa will earn zero miles.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 1st – 8th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 11th or December 24th – March 26th, 2015. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, prices change constantly. If this post is two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BOS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: o:ua o:ua a3
- Destination: ATH
- Return Advanced Routing Code: a3 o:ua o:ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- BOS – EWR (Newark) – BCN (Barcelona) – ATH (Athens) – MUC (Munich) – ORD (Chicago) – BOS. Segments within Europe will be operated by Aegean Airlines. Make sure you select United operated flights between the United States and Europe to ensure 100% mileage credit. If it is operated by Lufthansa, Austrian or Swiss, you will earn ZERO miles.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 11,576 miles or 5.7 cents per mile.
- March 1st, 2015: 2,410 miles or a difference of 9,166 miles.
How to Book:
- Book via Hipmunk link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- On the From field, enter BOS::O:UA O:UA A3
- On the To field, enter ATH::A3 O:UA O:UA
- It will link you to United.com to book.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.