We posted a $531 deal to Santiago de Chile from DC on Copa on Tuesday. Well, for those who don’t want to take the bus over the border or make a separate air reservation, you can go to Mendoza for not much more.
What’s in Mendoza? It is the wine producing center of Argentina.
Sample Travel Date:
- March 9th – 17th, 2015
- Valid for travel outbound March 31st, 2015. Limited availability for 2014 departures. Must purchase at least 14 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: pty scl
- Destination: MDZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: scl pty
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Copa: L
- LAN: O
- IAD – PTY (Panama City) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – MDZ (Mendoza) – SCL – PTY – IAD. Segments between Santiago de Chile and Mendoza will be operated by LAN and will be non-mileage earning with United but is with American
- 10,346 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. Copa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 10,104 miles or 6.0 cents per mile when crediting to United. The LAN segments can be credited to American Airlines at 25% mileage credit or about 60 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Copa” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section. Priceline charges a $7 service fee for multi-carrier itinerary that is not refunded should you cancel within the risk free cancellation period.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee – $160. Argentinean entry fee for Americans must be paid prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Argentine Peso (ARS) $1USD = 8.26 ARS (This is the official rate, you probably can do a lot better if you look)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.