A good sale to Turkey.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 8th – 16th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound until early December or January, 2015 – March, 2015. Prices after mid-February is about $20 more than the price above. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: iah yyz
- Destination: IST
- Return Advanced Routing Code: yyz iah
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (If you don’t care about miles for the segments between United States and Canada, just use “yyz” without the quotes on the Advanced Routing Codes fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Between Dallas and Houston: G
- Between Houston and Istanbul: L
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DFW – IAH (Houston) – YYZ (Toronto) – IST – YYZ – IAH – DFW. The segments between Toronto and Istanbul will be operated by Air Canada. Segments between Houston and Toronto can be operated by Air Canada – but avoid those to maximize mileage earning
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 13,224 miles or 5.3 cents per mile.
- March 1st, 2015: 3,048 miles or a difference of 10,175 miles.
How to Book:
- Book via Hipmunk link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- On the From field, enter DFW::IAH YYZ
- On the To field, enter IST::YYZ IAH
- It will link you to United.com to book for the mileage earning itinerary. Non-mileage earning can be re-directed to any number of online travel agencies.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival for $20. Must apply online at Republic of Turkey – Electronic Visa Online Application System. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY). $1USD = 2.25 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.