A good sale to Northern Thailand. This is over $150 price drop from September.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 26th – February 3rd, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late January, 2015 – March 25th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 7 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: nrt bkk
- Destination: CNX
- Return Advanced Routing Code: bkk nrt
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- United: K
- Bangkok Air: T
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAD – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – CNX – BKK – NRT – IAD. The segment between Bangkok and Phuket will be operated by Bangkok Air. Segments between the US and Thailand can be operated by All Nippon Airways under United flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 19,992 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. The segments between United States and Bangkok will earn 19,262 miles or 4.9 cents per mile with United. The segments operated by Bangkok Air are mileage earning with Bangkok Air or Air Berlin.
- March 1st, 2015: 4,075 miles or a difference of 15,187 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapTickets link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United on Airline 1 and Bangkok Air on Airline 2. CheapTickets charges a $20 service fee for this itinerary that is not refunded should you cancel within the risk free cancellation period. (We could not price this anywhere else remotely close to the ITA price — this was the best bet)
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 32.66 THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the CheapTickets, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.