San Pedro Sula or Tegucigalpa are not exactly tourist destinations due to the crime — if you are willing to go outside of the cities, there are spots worth visiting. For most that probably means Roatan Island, but there’s more to the country than that.
This is slightly cheaper from New York City at $358 with availability for a Thanksgiving weekend trip.
Sample Travel Date:
- From San Francisco to San Pedro Sula
- November 18th – 25th
- Valid for travel until December 15th for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mia
- Destination: SAP
- Return Advanced Routing Code: mia
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Los Angeles availability, replace SFO with LAX on the Departing from: field)
- (For Boston availability, replace SFO with BOS on the Departing from: field)
- (For New York availability, replace SFO with NYC on the Departing from: field)
- (For Tegucigalpa, replace SAP with TGU on the Destination: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – MIA (Miami) – SAP (San Pedro Sula) – MIA – SFO
- One permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 6,904 miles or 5.3 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Honduran Lempira (HNL) $1USD = 20.45 HNL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.