A good fare for nonstop service between New York and Los Angeles for mostly post-Thanksgiving travel. These can be purchase as one-ways, so mix and match carriers to get best pricing.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with Delta
- December 4th – 7th
- Valid for travel until December 17th. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl
- Destination: LAX
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For United availability, replace dl with ua on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For Virgin America availability, replace dl with vx on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For jetBlue availability, replace dl with b6 on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- United: G
- Delta: V
- Virgin America: N
- jetBlue: S
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – LAX (Los Angeles) – JFK.
United and Delta will be revenue based mileage earning in 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K / Diamond level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United / Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United / Delta flyers.
- 2014: 4,922 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. (It our experience, we have always been credited 4,950 miles flying this route on American — however, we are using the Orbitz number)
- January 1st, 2015 (for Delta– United is March 1st, 2015): 1,246 miles or a difference of 3,676 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United, Delta, Virgin America, jetBlue
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.