Kuala Lumpur is a great food town. Like Singapore to the South, KL is also a great springboard to the rest of Southeast Asia due to AirAsia being there.
Airport codes for ITA search:
- Pittsburgh [PIT]
- Cleveland [CLE]
- St. Louis [STL]
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Philadelphia
- November 24th – December 2nd
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 11th or January 12th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ewr,ord,sfo hkg
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg ewr,ord,sfo
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other departure cities, replace PHL with airport code from above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- United: K
- Cathay Pacific: S
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – HKG – ORD – PHL. The segment between Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur will be operated by Cathay Pacific.
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 20,068 miles or 4.9 cents per mile. The segments between Hong Kong and Cebu on Cathay Pacific will not earn any miles with United. So you will earn 16,924 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. The Cathay Pacific segments will earn 25% mileage with British Airways or Cathay Pacific’s program or 786 miles.
- March 1st, 2015: 4,110 miles or a difference of 12,814 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United on Airline 1 and Cathay Pacific on Airline 2. Orbitz charges a $7 service fee for multi-carrier itineraries that are not refunded should you cancel within the risk free cancellation period.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 3.34 MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.