A few things about this fare:
- It’s more than our 6 cents per mile criterion — but London is not exactly a deal city
- It will require a connection in Oslo on the return.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle can be better $50 – $150 cheaper (but only if you travel light and don’t mind not having anything included). If you want to check luggage, seat assignment, frequent flyer miles — this is a a better deal. Remember to always count total cost. Low cost carriers have their place and full service carriers have theirs.
- The nonstop fare to London out of New York without a connection in Oslo is $969 on everyone except Norwegian (between $550 – $650) or Kuwaiti Airways ($800s)
- London is a very difficult deal market because of the high taxes — $245 out of the $705 are taxes and fees.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 25th – December 2nd (long Thanksgiving getaway)
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 11th or January, 2015 – March 26th, 2015. Dates are limited — so definitely use the “See calendar of lowest fares” function on ITA Matrix to find availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- Destination: LHR
- Return Advanced Routing Code: osl ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – LHR (London) – OSL (Oslo) – EWR. The segment between London and Oslo will be operated by SAS under United flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 each
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 7,876 miles
- March 1st, 2015: 2,350 miles or a difference of 5,526 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: British Pound (GBP). $1USD = 0.60 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.