This is over price drop of $100 from September for Washington D.C. and over $140 price drop from Chicago. Normally not the cheapest destination to get to, but there’s been pockets of good deals the last few months.
Chicago is actually a little cheaper at $902. DC is $916. This fare will only earn 50% mileage.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Washington D.C.
- February 26th – March 8th
- Valid for travel until March 25th, 2015. Availability is limited – none in December and early January, 2015. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure and by November 3rd.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dxb
- Destination: MLE
- Return Advanced Routing Code: cmb dxb
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Chicago availability, replace IAD with ORD on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- IAD – DXB (Dubai) – CMB (Colombo) – MLE (Male, Maldives) – DXB (Dubai) – IAD.
- One free in Dubai. Additional stopovers at $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 18,547 miles or 4.9 cents per mile. Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. This fare will earn 50% mileage with Alaska. So you will earn 9,273 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multiple destinations / Stopovers” and then enter each segment individually as shown on ITA to price this.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR). $1USD = 15.38 MVR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.