A good sale to Moscow.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 24th – December 1st
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 15th or January 10th, 2015 – March 31st, 2015 for Sunday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: yyz,yvr fra,muc
- Destination: DME
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fra,muc yyz,yvr
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – YVR (Vancouver) – FRA (Frankfurt) – DME (Moscow) – FRA – YVR – SFO. The segments between United States and Germany will be operated by Air Canada or Lufthansa via Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver — make sure you select a flight operated by Air Canada or Lufthansa to ensure 100% mileage credit for the segments between Canada and Germany. Segment between Germany and Moscow will be operated by Lufthansa.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,150 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Air Canada and Lufthansa are members of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage for segments between Canada and Russia and 25% mileage between United States and Canada when crediting to United. As such, you will earn 12,950 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Air Canada on Airline 1 and Lufthansa on Airline 2. Orbitz will charge a $7 fee for multi-carrier itineraries such as this and is non-refundable even within the 24 hour risk cancellation period.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 35.78 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.