United – $683: Phoenix / Dallas / Miami / Philadelphia – Helsinki, Finland. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
United and its partners are attacking American / Oneworld fares to Helsinki. This is a K fare, so unless you are on United, Air Canada or Brussels operated flights, you will not earn 100% mileage. We are showing routings that maximize mileage accrual. If you don’t care about miles, fully operated flights by Lufthansa are a few dollars cheaper.
There are slight price differences from each city. Phoenix is $683 while all the other cities are $685. Per Fare Deal Alert, also available from Charlotte to Helsinki on United for about the same price.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Phoenix
- November 24th – December 2nd
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 10th – December 11th or December 24th – March 26th, 2015 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure. Availability in 2015 is better than 2014.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: o:ua o:ua muc,fra
- Destination: HEL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fra,muc o:ua o:ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Dallas departures, replace PHX with DFW on the Departing from: field)
- (For Miami departures, replace PHX with MIA on the Departing from: field)
- (For Philadelphia departures, replace PHX with PHL on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHX – IAD (Washington D.C.) – MUC (Munich) – HEL (Helsinki) – MUC – IAH (Houston) – PHX. The segments between Germany and Finland will be operated by Lufthansa and will be non-mileage earning. Make sure you select United, Air Canada or Brussels operated flights between the US and Europe to ensure maximum mileage accrual.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 14,594 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. As the segments between Germany and Finland are non-mileage earning, you will earn 12,636 miles or 5.4 cents per mile with this particular routing.
- March 1st, 2015: 2,735 miles or a difference of 9,901 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select United
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.79 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Portland Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.