Guam is normally very expensive to get to. We have never found a deal to Guam ever! United and Delta (the two US airlines that flies that) fare rules explicitly prohibit stopovers in Guam to protect its very expensive fares.
While you could do a layover of under 24 hours with United fares in Guam if you go to Asia for about $700 – $900, if you want to stay longer, the price is usually like $1,500 – $1,800. So to see this for around $1,000 is a very good deal.
This does not work from Guam to Miami / Dallas / St. Louis
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Miami
- November 10th – 19th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until November 30th or January 1st, 2015 – April 15th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- Destination: GUM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Dallas availability, replace MIA with DFW on the Departing from: field)
- (For St. Louis availability, replace MIA with STL on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- MIA – EWR (Newark) – NRT (Tokyo) – GUM (Guam) – HNL (Honolulu) – EWR – MIA. If you take a routing that involves transiting in Tokyo, you will need a US passport. If its just US – Honolulu – Guam and vice versa, no US passport is required. Since this touches Tokyo on this sample itinerary, you will need an US passport.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 19,245 miles or 5.5 cents per mile.
- March 1st, 2015: 4,810 miles or a difference of 14,435 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Advanced options” and then select “United” on Preferred Airline
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.