Update 10/3/2014 @ 4:30AM Eastern – fare gone.
Etihad is launching service between San Francisco and Abu Dhabi. With the new service, here are some really good sales to selected cities in India and Egypt. None of these tickets are mileage earning.
Here’s what we found from San Francisco:
- Mumbai, India [BOM] – $519
- Hyderabad, India [HYD] – $495
- Chennai, India [MAA] – $525
- Cairo, Egypt [CAI] – $$496
Update 10/3/2014 @ 2:00AM Eastern – this sale is broader than originally posted. Also available from Los Angeles [LAX], Dallas [DFW], Chicago [ORD], New York [JFK]. Not all destinations are available from each departure city.
Update 10/3/2014 @ 2:10AM Eastern – new cities.
- Colombo, Sri Lanka [CMB]
- Katmandu, Nepal [KTM]
- Moscow, Russia [DME]
- Dhaka, Bangladesh [DAC]
- Melbourne, Australia [MEL]
- Singapore [SIN]
- Johannesburg, South Africa [JNB]
- Manila, Philippines [MNL]
Australia is more than $525. More closer to $700.
The last time Etihad a cheap fare to India for around $600 from New York, it lasted like 4 hours. So this will not last. There also could be other cities in the Indian subcontinent and Middle East on sale. If you find any others, let us know.
Update 10/2/2014 @ 2:30AM Eastern – there are so many cities. Here is a complete list of where Etihad flies. Check to see if you get good pricing.
Update 10/2/2014 @ 2:45AM Eastern – from Washington D.C. [IAD] too.
Advice: Do not book any pre-paid hotels with these low price fares yet. Wait for your ticket number at minimum & give it some time.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Mumbai
- February 9th – 16th, 2015
- Valid for travel from January 16th, 2015 – June 30th, 2015 for Sunday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 90 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: auh
- Destination: BOM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: auh
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace BOM with the airport code above)
- (For other departures, replace SFO with airport code above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – AUH (Abu Dhabi) – BOM (Mumbai) – AUH- SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 18,764 miles or 2.8 cents per mile. This fare does not earn mileage with anyone. Just a cheap fare.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Etihad
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 61.08 INR
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival / $25 for 30 day Visa. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Egyptian Pound (EGP) $1USD = 7.1 EGP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.